The new demongin.org won't be finished any time soon, but it is officially in "active" development.
Monday, 2009-04-27 | demongin.org
It's official: I'm re-doing the site again.
For my own personal reference, here are the features that are going to be implemented in version seven:
- PostgreSQL: MySQL is getting kicked to the curb. And not a moment too soon.
- Templating: I'll be using CGI_APP for templating in the new version. You probably won't notice this in userland, but it'll help to further separate the logic from the content (and decrease messiness under the hood and behind the curtain).
- Standards Compliance: I'm using real, RFC-approved query string syntax for the new site (rather than the totally hack-y, ugly-ass .py?XYZ method I'm using now). This will make URL's a.) prettier and b.) easier for Google to deal with.
- Search: I've already got a plan for how I'm going to use PGSQL to whip up a web-based search of blog posts, shotglasses of lymph and media posts. This is a big come-up from the currently un-searchable site.
- Improved RSS: all content will be syndicated in the new version of the site (i.e. not just blog posts).
And that's just the short list. Stay tuned in the next few weeks as I figure out what is and isn't possible and what I do and do not feel like attempting to do.